Friday, April 29, 2011

Strawberry Sheera

I was walking down to pick up my daughter from daycare, it was drizzling and very cold. I was feeling like eating something warm and sweet. I remembered my Mom and than her banana sheera. Hmm, I thought that would be easy to make. I got home and started off immediately to make sheera, than a thought struck, how about trying strawberry instead of banana's and here is my experimental version.
While blogging this I tried to google this recipe and there were many others who have tried this already :).


What you need:
1 cup sooji (semolina)
2 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
1/4 cup Sugar
3 strawberry, cut into small pieces
2 pods of green cardamom, powdered
2 cloves

How it's Made:
Heat 2 teaspoon ghee in a pan add semolina and roast it until it turns golden brown and gives off a nice aroma. Set the roasted semolina aside. Heat about 1 1/2 cup of water and sugar together. Once the water starts to boil, Add  2 cut strawberry and cook for 1 min. Than slowly add the roasted semolina and stir continuously so that no lumps are formed. Add the ghee, cardamom and cloves powder. Stir it well until it thickens and leaves the edges of the pan.When almost done garnish with 1 cut strawberry. Serve hot or chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...