Saturday, April 16, 2011

Vegetable Stuffed Rice Fritters

I was back from work early and hungry. Checked my refrigerator out and had some rice leftover and very little subzi from previous day. Pulled it out and remembered this recipe that I had come across in Sanjeev Kapoor's website few months back.  So quickly made this, to curb my hunger till dinner was cooked. I modified it according to the ingredients I had on hand.




What I used:
1 cup cooked rice
Cauliflower, potatoes and peas subzi
2 tablespoon Onions finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon Pepper powder
1/2 teaspoon jeera powder
cilantro leaves finely chopped
Bread crumbs
salt to taste
Oil to fry

How I made it :
Mash the rice in a bowl and add onions, pepper and jeera powder, cilantro and salt and mix well.  Wet you palms with water. Take a portion of the rice dough and flatten in your palm, place the vegetable in the center and roll back the rice dough over the vegetables, shape it and roll it in bread crumbs. Deep fry in oil and serve hot with tomato ketchup.

If the rice is less add some mashed bread to it to increase the quantity.


3 comments:

  1. It tastes good too, More like a bread cutlet, much better than I had expected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say Looks Good, Coz I cant taste :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...