Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Potato Fry -1

I love potatoes in any form except for mashed potatoes.( I may change my mind when I eat a good mashed potato dish). I often make potato fry at home. Its easy and quick. we make a lot of variety at home and all that differs majorly is the way we cut and and the seasoning. I will try to post all variations whenever I make it. For this version, the potatoes are cut in about 1/2 inch cubes. I used kolumbu powder which is a Tamilnadu version of spice mix generally used for most of the gravies. I got this from my mom-inlaw, you can alternatively use chilly and daniya powder.


What you need:
3 Potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
2 teaspoon Jeera ( cumin)
1 teaspoon saunf (fennel seeds)
1 teaspoon- Kolumbu powder
salt to taste
1 tablespoon oil

How its made:
Heat oil in a  pan. Add the cumin and fennel seeds. Once it splutters, add the cubed potatoes and fry it. When the potatoes are slightly cooked, add salt and the kolumbu powder. Mix it with the potatoes, sprinkle little water, cover and cook till done.
Simple isn't it ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...