Thursday, June 16, 2011

Saunf Chicken Fry

This is yet another quick chicken fry recipe, I just made up with whatever ingredients I felt like adding. I had some boneless chicken pieces and wanted to make something pretty quick by the time my dal would be done. (you need to multitask when you have little one nagging you to play with her). So here is my jhatpat saunf chicken fry.



What You need:
250 gms - boneless chicken breast
1 tablespoon saunf( fennel seeds)
1 small dried red chilly
1 tablespoon dessicated coconut
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder/ or 1 garlic clove
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon lemon juice
few curry leaves
salt to taste
1 tablespoon oil

How its made:
Clean and cut the chicken into small bite size cubes. Dry roast saunf, chilly, curry leaves and coconut. Cool and grind to a course powder. Mix the powder, lemon juice, turmeric powder and salt with the chicken and let it marinate for 10 minutes (Longer you marinate it will taste better, but I wanted to get done quickly). Heat oil in a shallow frying pan, add the marinated chicken and cook till done. Serve with rice and dal.

4 comments:

  1. We liked the recipe! I was wondering where you can get some of the ingredients you use, is there somewhere local that carries curry leaves (and others), or do you grow them?

    Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you liked the recipe. I normally buy the ingredients from Indian store and stock it. We get some of the ingredients in Downtown groceries, but I have never seen curry leaves being sold there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...