Monday, March 28, 2011

Date Cake

During the initial years that I was  in US, I suffered from anemia and I was suggested to eat lots of dates.  I like eating them but when it gets mandatory it gets boring. So I had to find ways to use them. With my craziness for baking at the peak those days I wanted to try baking something,  I came across this recipe on a blog site.  I tried it and before it cooled more than half was gone. This is one recipe I  like to bake over and over again.


What you need:
Pitted Dates -18
Milk 3/4 cup
Sugar 3/4 cup
All purpose flour  1 cup
Oil 1/2 cup
Baking soda 1 tea spn

How its Made:
Blend togather dates, sugar and milk to a smooth. Add oil and mix.
Seive together flour and baking soda. Add the flour one table spoon at a time and mix.
Preheat the oven at 350F. Bake the cake in a greased loaf tray for 35-40 min. Flip it and cool it or just eat warm as I do :).

Caution : Measure and bake it at right temperature or you may end up with date halwa !!, someone out their knows what I am talking about.



2 comments:

  1. thanks.. u could have named me.. I wud not mind ;)
    But u should also mention that i used the microwave to bake it.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh...this is my favorite!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...