Sunday, May 15, 2011

Banana blueberry bread

There are hundreds of different variations of banana bread one can make. Every time I have ripe bananas at home I try a new version of banana bread. This recipe is adapted from food network by Emeril Lagasse. I made some changes to suit my taste. I used blueberries instead of suggested nuts.
For me banana bread is a comfort food and I can eat any time of the day from breakfast to late night dessert.
 

What you need:
            1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
Pinch of cinnamon

For Topping :
2 table spoon sugar ,
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder

I love cinnamon flavor so I normally use it as topping for breads.

How I made it :
 
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.Oil and flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
Cream the butter and sugar, add the eggs one at a time and mix. Add mashed bananas and mix well. Add the baking soda, salt, flour, nuts and cinnamon and mix thoroughly. The dough will be sticky at this stage.
Pour the dough into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the topping mixture and bake about one hour or until the center is brown and set.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...